May 6- “Shopping Cart Theory” Introduction

Before I talk about myself, I want to pose a question to anyone reading this. The question is, are you a person who pushes your shopping cart back to the stall or are you a person who abandons the shopping cart in a random spot in the parking lot? Now I want you to answer that question honestly and just think about it. I will explain later on.

My name is Hannah Martin and I am currently taking my final class for my Inclusive Education Certificate, which happens to be an Educational Technology class (EDTC 300). Before I began this class, I was a bit nervous about the fact that we would be creating E-portfolios and using a variety of educational technology tools as I am not a “techy” person. In fact, at times, I would rather use paper and pencil versus any technology for assignments. However, I am really looking forward to expanding my knowledge about technology that can be used for learning in a school setting as well as in daily life.

Blogging- a platform used to communicate and share information about oneself, a specific topic, event, or idea (my definition). This is my first experience blogging and I feel a bit unsure of sharing things about myself for people to read about. I never thought in my last class of university would I be creating an E-portfolio and blog about myself. However, this is a new learning journey and I am going to embrace it! So far, I am finding the platform Edublogs easy to navigate and I am loving the freedom of style I can create for my E-portfolio.

So back to my question from the beginning of this post. A couple years ago, I saw a Facebook post about “The Shopping Cart Theory”, which I will include the link at the bottom of this post. The theory basically states that there are two type of people; if you return the shopping cart you are likely a thoughtful/caring person, if you abandon your shopping cart, your character perhaps involves selfishness/disorganization. Now, there is controversy around this theory as we all are unique and could be dealing with difficult circumstances. All circumstances aside, if you are physically and mentally able to return the shopping cart, do you? This question and situation is a unique one because legally, you do not have to return the shopping cart to the stall. However, if you abandon the cart, you are creating extra work for the employees of the store and possibly causing difficulty for people to park. So it comes down to doing what is right, even if you are not forced to. My takeaway from this theory is always do what is right.

Thanks for reading!

Link to Shopping Cart Theory: https://www.hit.com.au/story/this-shopping-cart-theory-reveals-if-you-re-a-good-person-or-a-public-menace-154763

Photo: By Mizzo Chu from Pexels